Analysis (Services and Self)

Koan Bremner's view on life as a database and data warehouse professional / addict and non-genetic woman

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Welcome

Actually, this is my third attempt at a blog; the first one was little more than a clipboard of interesting (to me, that is) stuff that I'd stumbled over on the web, while the second was designed for in-house consumption by my colleagues at my employer. However, spurred on by the sterling efforts of those same colleagues, maybe this blog will count as "third time lucky".

I'm going to write about what interests me; which is basically work-related stuff and, erm, "personal stuff". The former will reflect my interests in most things database, data warehouse and analytical, while the latter... well, you'll see!

So, as a public health warning, if you find the contents of one of those categories less appealing than the other, then all I can say is, don't read those posts. My colleague James Snape advised me to "blog as if no-one is reading", so that's what I intend to do.

Just at the moment, I'm waiting for new broadband access and a host which will allow me to use dasBlog software; for now, therefore, blogger.com will suffice. I guess it's better to get writing and sort out the furniture later, than wait forever for the optimum environment and never get anything done.

That'll do for now; but, as Arnie said, "I'll be back"...

This blog has been migrated to new software on a different server (http://www.multidimensional.me.uk) and comments on this post on *this* blog are now closed. All existing comments have been copied to the equivalent post on the new blog. If you still wish to comment on this post, please use the equivalent post.

0 Comments:

<< Home