Analysis (Services and Self)

Koan Bremner's view on life as a database and data warehouse professional / addict and non-genetic woman

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Bye-bye Hotmail

Well, that's the final nail in the coffin for my Hotmail account. As of today, it appears that I cannot access my free account from Outlook (or Outhouse Excess, sorry, Outlook Express)... but if I want to upgrade, a snip at a mere £14.99 a year, I can once again do what I used to do for free. Hmmm... tempting... but... no. Not when I have Gmail; *especially* not when Gmail added POP and SMTP access to my account as of yesterday; and is still free. Great move, Microsoft.

I shall keep my Hotmail account for Passport-related communications, but as of now, that's all.

This blog has been migrated to new software on a different server (http://www.multidimensional.me.uk) and comments on this post on *this* blog are now closed. All existing comments have been copied to the equivalent post on the new blog. If you still wish to comment on this post, please use the equivalent post at: http://www.multidimensional.me.uk/

0 Comments:

<< Home