Analysis (Services and Self)

Koan Bremner's view on life as a database and data warehouse professional / addict and non-genetic woman

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Now, *this* has impressed me

I read this post, just over a week ago:

One last one, the SXSW crew has a BitTorrent file of all the available music. I'm starting to download this. I need something to listen to on the plane. Thanks to Boing Boing for pointing to that.

[Via Scobleizer: Microsoft Geek Blogger]

... and I promptly set my BitTorrent client running (whenever I wasn't in the office) to download this unexpected bounty. And, last night, the download completed. Over 750 songs is a treat in itself; but, courtesy of the original post in the link above, I realised that there's more to this than just the music. As well as additional music (not included in the original BitTorrent), if you follow the link through you'll end up at CitizenPod, where you can download the complete South By Southwest (SXSW) music festival schedule, to load in your iPod. So what? Especially if, like me, you're sadly not attending the festival or the conference... well, load up your iPod with the festival schedule *and* the downloaded music, and the "Notes" section of iPod becomes an interactive, hyperlinked menu for all of that music. Together with links to details about the artists and songs, itineraries, ... maybe this is "old hat" to some, but I see this, and I think "podcast shownotes", "interactive media content"... this has got my imagination (such as it is these days) buzzing. Very, very cool. Assuming I'm able to travel this time next year, I can see that SXSW (along with Burning Man) need to be on my agenda for 2006...

This blog has been migrated to new software on a different server (http://www.multidimensional.me.uk) and comments on this post on *this* blog are now closed. All existing comments have been copied to the equivalent post on the new blog. If you still wish to comment on this post, please use the equivalent post at: http://www.multidimensional.me.uk/

0 Comments:

<< Home