Analysis (Services and Self)

Koan Bremner's view on life as a database and data warehouse professional / addict and non-genetic woman

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Format Change

Because there a few long posts on here already, I've decided to change the web site to show just the first paragraph of long posts; clicking on the "Read More!" link below an individual post will take you to the full post, should you want to read it. Unfortunately, the way this is implemented means that every post has a "Read More!" link even if there isn't any more to read; hey, I'm a novice at blogger, what can I say? ;-) Also, for those who use reader feeds, I've changed them to send only the first part of the post, again, with a link to the full post. Which saves bandwidth for those who wouldn't want to read a particular post in full. (I am consideration personified.) If anyone views either or both of these changes as a bad move, leave a comment and I'll think about changing back.

This blog has been migrated to new software on a different server (http://www.multidimensional.me.uk) and comments on this post on *this* blog are now closed. All existing comments have been copied to the equivalent post on the new blog. If you still wish to comment on this post, please use the equivalent post at: http://www.multidimensional.me.uk/

1 Comments:

  • At 10:08 am, Blogger James said…

    Koan,

    As discussed on Messenger, I don't mind the web site having truncated posts but it's also affecting your feeds which is a pain. I want to be able to read the entire post without going online or clicking a link. When you have 200+ feeds to read its purely a speed thing.

    Thanks,
    James.

     

<< Home