Analysis (Services and Self)

Koan Bremner's view on life as a database and data warehouse professional / addict and non-genetic woman

Monday, March 28, 2005

RE: Power to the People

It might surprise some people, particularly those who know that I am most definitely *not* a Christian, to learn that one of my favourite blogs is Brian Bailey's "Leave It Behind". For a variety of reasons; Brian is an intelligent developer, a clear and thought-provoking writer, and an excellent "meta-filter" for want of a better term. That he works for, and is an enthusiastic advocate for, a particularly evangelical church is not an issue for me; the fact that I wouldn't (by choice) sit in his church's congregation doesn't mean that I'm not interested in what they think and believe... far from it. Anyway, a recent post on Brian's blog was:

The brilliant Martin Fowler continues the recent theme that the key to developing quality software is to hire positive, talented, highly-motivated developers and then remove all obstacles that stand in their way. Read PeopleMatterMost.


[Via Leave It Behind > Brian Bailey]

Martin Fowler's article is not the first that I've read proposing that philosophy; indeed, it's a line of thinking I've long espoused. But Martin's article may be the clearest justification I've yet read.

And the moral of this message is: I don't work for nothing, and I don't come cheaply! ;-)

This blog has been migrated to new software on a different server (http://www.multidimensional.me.uk) and comments on this post on *this* blog are now closed. All existing comments have been copied to the equivalent post on the new blog. If you still wish to comment on this post, please use the equivalent post at: http://www.multidimensional.me.uk/

0 Comments:

<< Home